Supplies for Music/Chorus
Each day students will need:
Spiral Bound Single Subject Notebook
Pencil &/or Pen
Welcome!! This course is an exciting one, although a demanding one, and is designed to help you broaden your musical borders. So, with this in mind, please adhere to the following procedures, rules and class requirements:
1. Follow directions.
2. Wait your turn and be polite.
3. Raise your hand and wait to be called on before speaking in class.
4. Listen when others are speaking.
5. Show RESPECT for others and their property.
6. Work quietly; don't disturb others.
7. Cooperate with others.
8. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
9. Use positive words to work out problems with others.
10. Help keep classroom clean and neat.
11. Come to class on time, and be prepared for class every day.
12. Contribute positively in class.
13. Attend and participate in all performances.
14. Adhere to all Franklin County Schools System and school rules, policies, and procedureas at all times.
15. NO food, drinks, or chewing gum in class.
16. DO YOUR VERY BEST WORK AT ALL TIMES AND ENJOY THE CLASS!!
17. NO cell phones!!!!!!
1st offense--Verbal Warning
2nd offense--Written Assignment
3rd offense--Parental/Guardian Contact
4th & subsequent offenses--Office referral & Parental/guardian Contact
Materials Needed Daily
Sspiral Bound (Single Subject) Notebook
Pencil &/or Pen
CLASS PARTICIPATION/CLASSWORK= 15%
WRITTEN REPORT & ORAL PRESENTATION= 20%
MUSIC JOURNALS/HOMEWORK= 25%
In the event that there are no performances during the grading period, the 20% will be divided between the other hedings.
Make-up policy--work must be made up within 3 days of return to receive full credit.
--Work turned in after the 3-day grace period, will be penalized 5 points per day.
--Tutoring will be available after school hours by appointment only.
All syllabus information will be availale on the FCS Website on the Moodle link.
MUSIC JOURNAL GUIDELINES AND QUESTIONAIRE
Students are to listen to 3 different types/styles of songs each week and write their reflections about the songs. These entries will be graded weekly. The entries should be kept in students' Music Notebook. Each Journal entry should include:
1. Name of Song
3. Type of Song
5. **What is the message & mood of the song?
6. How does this song make you feel?
7. How did you feel before listening to this song?
8. Did this sonhg change your mood? How?
9. What stood out the most to YOU in this song?
10. Would you like to listen to this song again & would you recommend this song to others to listen to?
11. Share any additional thoughts you may have about this song.
**Questions 5-11 should be answered in complete sentences with well-thought out insights/thoughts.